Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.

The Source Young People's Charity

Anger Management

Our Anger Management project improves mental well-being, develops resilience and increases the self awareness and emotional intelligence of young people who are struggling with difficult emotions or at risk of being excluded from school or college and/or who are likely to offend.

This effective project engages young people one-to-one on a cognitive behavioural course (usually over 8 weeks) and is delivered in local schools as well as at The Source. Our Anger Management service works in consultation with CAMHS (Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service). 

The programme helps young people understand, deal with and express their feelings and physical responses to strong emotions, understand how to recognise when they are getting wound up or in a situation that will upset them, how to control their thoughts and actions, how to deal with the 'stuff' that gets backed up inside of them, how to communicate assertively and to ask for what they want. 

Referrals are welcome from young people, their families and any agency, school or organisation working with young people.

Please contact Sue Evans our Support Services Manager sue.evans@thesourceforyou.co.uk.or complete our get help form and we will be in touch.

We are also renowned for training professionals from external agencies, schools and organisations, as well as volunteers, in delivering Anger Management courses to their own clients and the wider community. 

Please contact Sue Evans, Support Services Manager, on sue.evans@thesourceforyou.co.uk.or complete our get help form and we will be in touch.

In 2019/2020 our Anger Management Programme is funded by Donations from our Supporters and Grants from The Blagrave Trust, The Broadhurst Trust, Children in Need, The Henry Smith Charity and Hampshire County Council.

I use to feel so disrespected and angry and used force to get even. Now I know I deserve better and can ask for help.

Young person, aged 16